Malaysia Airlines adds Maastricht to freighter network

Malaysia Airlines has selected Maastricht Aachen Airport for weekly freighter flights from Kuala Lumpur.

The weekly freighter service will start on Saturday 13th April using an Airbus A330F, making Maastricht the second airport served by the airline after Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

Jonas van Stekelenburg, CEO of Maastricht Aachen Airport says this is an important opportunity for the airport after Royal Schiphol Group (RSG) invested 40% in the airport last year.

He says, “Our location, high performing team, and efficiency are widely known to attract cargo flights, but being part of RSG is accelerating our growth and popularity within Europe as a top cargo destination.”

Since RSG took a 40% stake in the airport with the province of Limburg retaining the other 60%, both shareholders have invested €30 million in the runway and more than €40 million will be invested in further infrastructure and hardware upgrades.